FAQs About Photos
This year, dance pictures will be taken at Pistachio Alley Photography located across the street from RMSA. Below are a few things to remember so picture day will run smoothly and on time. Please read through carefully as this will answer most questions you will have.
-Elizabeth creates the photo schedule and adds it to your dance calendar. Please refer to the calendar to see what time you are scheduled. We only have the time blocks for each day, not the individual classes.
-Have ALL pieces of your costume (shoes included) with you for pictures. We can not wait for you to fetch missing items. Elizabeth schedules dance photos around classes, so we must stay on schedule to keep things running smoothly on her end as well.
-There will not be a dressing room or restroom available, so have your dancer wear a nude liner. If your dancer does not wear a nude liner, they will need to change at RMSA. The dancers and costumes are contained to the camera room side of the studio as glitter and our printers/computers do not mix.
-Have your order form completed (one form per child per costume) with payment included at the time of your child's pictures. A package must be ordered prior to ordering from the add-on section unless you choose two add-ons (class photo not included).
-You MAY order just a class picture if you do not want individuals of a costume, but you still need a completed order form so the photo gets to the right person.
-ONLY cash or check will be accepted. You may pay for multiple children/costumes with one check, but have them all completed for the assistant to record necessary information on all forms when you pay.
-If you will not be accompanying your child, be sure to sign the release on the top right of the order form prior to picture day. If a parent or guardian is not with the child and they do not have a signed release, they cannot be photographed.
-Bring the tights that will be worn during the performances. If you forget, we will gladly edit holes and runs in the tights for a fee of $50 per hour.
-Because tap and jazz are the same costume, the pictures will be taken in jazz shoes. Older students may wear tap shoes (due to costume changes) for their pictures, but for safety reasons, they must put them on right before the picture and take them off right after. They are much too slippery on our floors.
-Have your child practice a pose to do for jazz/ballet/hiphop, etc. prior to picture day that is within their skill level. Some kids get stuck in a rut and do the same or similar pose for all. Please avoid jumping and stunts as they take too long to perfect for the camera. This has been tried previously and we got off schedule, which was frustrating for everyone.
-Due to popularity, the digital file option will be offered again. You can purchase it as a package at full price or as an add-on to a print package at a discount rate. You will have print rights with the file and the images will be emailed to you. This is for individual photos only.
Please feel free to call me at 250-1192 or email email@example.com any questions you may have. We are looking forward to another great photo day with your sweet children!
Spring Production FAQs
- What is Spring Production?
- Spring Production, for lack of a better word, it our recital, but produced on a much larger scale.
- Where does all the money go from ticket sales for Spring Production?
- All the money from ticket sales goes to the production. Ticket sales cover less than half the cost of the production, so this is by no means a money maker.
When does my child dance? Where is the information I need to know for the performance(s)?
- Masterpieces of Ballet
- Academy 1 Ballet Class, Academy 1 Yr 2 Ballet Class, Academy 2 Ballet Class, Academy 3 Ballet Class, Academy 4 Ballet Class, Academy 5 Ballet Class, Spring Company, and Older Beginning Ballet Class
- Friday night Spring Production
- Kindergarten Dance Class
- Older Beginning Jazz/HH Class,
- OIder Beginning Contemporary Class
- Academy 1 Jazz, HH, and Tap class
- Academy 4 jazz, HH, tap, and contemporary class
- Academy 5 Tap Class
- Academy 7 Contemporary Class
- Spring Company
- Saturday night Spring Production
- Preschool Dance Class
- Academy 1 Yr 2 Jazz, HH, Tap Classes
- Academy 2 Jazz, HH, Tap Classes
- Academy 3 Jazz, HH, Tap, Contemporary Classes
- Academy 5 Jazz Class
- Academy 7 Contemporary Class
- Spring Company
- All information is on your calendar. Including dress rehearsal and costume, hair, and make up requirements.
- Will tickets be available at the door?
- Yes, tickets will be available at the door. But, tickets are discounted for parents for a period of 2 weeks beginning on March 6. After March 24, tickets will be full price.
- Can I attend without purchasing a ticket?
- Unfortunately, you cannot attend if you do not purchase a ticket.
Nutcracker Auditions FAQs
Where is the audition?
Auditions are held at Rocky Mountain School of the Arts, 2613 Sheridan Ave.
What to wear?
Boys: Black sweats or shorts, white t-shirt, white or black ballet shoes (socks if you don’t have ballet shoes)
Girls: Leotard, tights, pink ballet shoes. Optional: ballet skirt or ballet shorts.
*IF you don’t have dance attire, wear something you can move in easily, and socks.
What to expect at the audition?
Parents will need to fill out a registration and policy sheet before the audition time.
Those auditioning will be asked to perform different steps or act out different roles.
What happens after the audition?
A casting list will be posted on the website: www.rockymountaindancetheatre.org as well as on the front door of the studio. Posting is usually done a week after the audition.
If you receive a role, auditions will begin in September and most rehearsals will be Monday’s after school. Exact rehearsal schedules will be sent to your email in the summer.
Tuition: $35 for one role, $10 for each additional role.